Things to see & do in Victoria, BC
Boasting the mildest climate in the country, spring comes early to Victoria and summer lingers on allowing guests of the Victoria Marriott Hotel to enjoy the spectacular gardens surrounding the Legislative buildings and popular waterfront. Queen Victoria’s birthday is enthusiastically celebrated the last weekend in May with a vibrant parade near the hotel.
Set out on foot from the hotel and you are bound to find a local gem worth exploring in just a couple of minutes. Learn about the natural and cultural history of Victoria and British Columbia at the Royal British Columbia Museum with displays, tours and a National Geographic IMAX theatre.
A short drive away is Butchart Gardens which draws over 1 million visitors each year from all over the world. In 1904, Jennie Butchart began to beautify a worked-out quarry site at Tod Inlet, near Victoria, Canada. Her venture has become a family commitment to horticulture and hospitality spanning over 100 years. Butchart Gardens features fifty-five acres of wonderful floral display, offering spectacular views as you stroll along meandering paths and expansive lawns. From the exquisite Sunken Garden to the charming Rose Garden, this show garden still maintains the gracious traditions of the past, in one of the loveliest corners in the world.
For more information on Butchart Gardens and our Victoria BC Hotel packages please visit our packages and specials page
Beacon Hill Park is one of the most beautiful gardens in a city renowned for its gardens and features hundreds of native plants, ponds and play areas.
Bear Mountain Golf & Country Club is located only 20 minutes from Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour, Bear Mountain Golf & Country Club is a brand new Jack Nicklaus designed course, opened in August 2003. It has been nominated as #1 new golf course in 4 key golf publications (Golf Digest, Score Golf, Golf Magazine, Globe & Mail). The course is 1100 feet above sea level with spectacular views. 5 T box selections allow a slope range from 116 for beginners to 152 for the advanced golfer.
Other popular Victoria festivals include:
- Victoria Film Festival – Early February
- 4th Annual Victoria Tea Festival – Mid February
- Tourist in your Home Town – First week of March
- 13th Annual Victoria French Fest – Early March
- Victoria Maui Yacht Race – late June
- TD Victoria International JazzFest – End of June to Early July
- Symphony Splash – BC Day: First Monday of August
- Capital BC Day Celebration – First Monday of August
- Victoria Dragon Boat Festival – mid August
- Fringe Festival – late August to early September
- Great Canadian Beer Festival – Second Weekend in September
- Royal Victoria Marathon – Canadian Thanksgiving: Second Weekend in October
- Victorian Christmas Festival – last 3 weekends of December
- Swiftsure Yacht Race – annual USA Memorial Day Weekend